2 IRRIGATION PROPERTIES WITH WATER LICENCES, GRIFFITH, SOUTH WEST NEW SOUTH WALES
Location / Area
Goolgowi area, near Griffith (Murrumbidgee Irrigation area), New South Wales
Property Type / Size
2 irrigation properties with large general security water licences.
One also has HOU (history of use) water allocation.
Sale includes farm equipment and crops in progress.
These are valued as follows:
“Girraween” – Water licence $445,500
“Girraween” – House and Land $385,000
“Corinya” – Water licence $757,350
“Corinya” – HOU water allocation $125,000
“Corinya” – Land $400,000
Farm plant and equipment and winter crop $350,000
These two properties are 3km apart and in the Wahwah irrigation area/system. They are 25 minutes south of Goolgowi and 45 to 55 minutes west of Griffith. They are prime cropping and fat lamb production properties.
This property has:
- 642 acres (260 hectares)
- 524 megalitre general security water allocation
- 8” bore (needs service and has no allocation)
- Sheds and other improvements
- Hale irrigation system with recycling
- 180 hectare cropping area
- 82 hectare grazing/tree cover
- Permanent water from main channel
- 959.7 acres (388.4 hecatares)
- 891 megalitre general security water allocation
- History of use – 838 megalitre allocation
- Varying irrigation layouts (stepped, contoured, landplane etc)
- 338 hectares of varying irrigation layouts
- 61 hectares of grazing, treed country
Girraween Improvements etc
- Large homestead with 5 bedrooms
- New kitchen with walk in pantry
- 2 verandahs
- Large lounge
- 3 air conditioners (1 is reverse cycle)
- Gas heater
- Wood heater (fan forced)
- Two car garage
- Barbeque area
- 20,000 litre rain water tank
- Large machinery shed and workshop (80 x 65 x 17 foot)
- 180 tonne grain silos
- Parts hut/chemical storage shed
- Shearing shed and sheep holding shed
- Workers hut
- 8” water bore (needs service and has no allocation)
- Hay shed
|Farm Machinery||Large Machinery Shed||Large Machinery Shed|
These 2 properties are highly productive and produce:
- Summer crops
- Rice, corn, sorghum, cotton, millet etc
- Winter crops
- Wheat, oats, barley and pulse crops
- Fat lambs. These two properties have carried up to 1,000 1st cross ewes joined to dorper rams.
This area has exceptionally high production and is ideal for cropping and livestock.
- Two irrigation properties in a proven area
- Valuable water licences included
- Ideal for cropping plus livestock
- Large family home included
- Ample sheds and equipment available
- Fertile soils
- School bus at end of road
- Operational irrigation systems on both farms
- Silos, hay shed and shearing shed
- Ideal for family operation
- Close to Goolgowi (21km) and Griffith (54km)
- School, shops, hotel etc at Goolgowi
- Griffith has all facilities (hospitals, restaurants etc)
|Rice Crop||Cotton Modules|
These two properties are proven performers in good years and have been in the one family for 3 generations.
They represent a unique opportunity to farm some prime country in the Murrumbidgee irrigation area.
The two properties are ideal for a father and son or similar and offer a rural lifestyle with good income and security in both the land and water licences.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.