1,527 ACRE MIXED FARMING ENTERPRISE, PARKES, CENTRAL WEST NEW SOUTH WALES
Location / Area
Parkes, Trundle area, Central West, New South Wales
Property Type / Size
A 618 hectare (1527 acre) mixed farming enterprise with a renovated 4 bedroom family home, sheds, silos, yards etc.
618 hectares (1527 acres) Split into 4 titles.
This property has been in the one family for 125 years. It has 10 dams and 3 bores, ensuring a continual water supply for both stock and domestic use.
'Rockvale' is a prime rural property producing:
- Cereal crops (wheat, oats, barley, lupins)
- Beef cattle
- Fat lambs
You will find this property is the Central West of New South Wales in the progressive Parkes Shire (home of the Dish and the renowned Elvis Festival).
It is situated in the tightly held Goonumbla/Cooks Myalls area and is centrally located just 30 minutes west of Parkes and 30 minutes east of Trundle.
All necessary medical, shopping and educational services in Parkes.
The property has:
- 3 operational bores (1 electric)
- 7 paddocks with either dams or water troughs
- 10 dams, 10 paddocks with well maintained water troughs
- Very good fencing with electric fence on southern and western boundary
- 4 x 40t Nelson silos with cement slabs
- 2 x 60t sealed HE silo
- Large 3 stand woolshed, kitchenette and pressure system
- Cattle yards with power, lighting, water, Warwick cattle crush, ramp and calf shed
- 2 sets of steel sheep yards – one with shower dip and one with undercover drenching race
- 10 trough fed paddocks (with pressure system boost)
- 2 new steel machinery/hay sheds, lighting, power and cement workshop bay in one
- 3 fully enclosed storage sheds, 1 with power and lights
- Steel double gate access to all paddocks
- Steel machinery shed with power
- Wooden hayshed
- Chook yards/houses
This farm has:
- Improved pastures
of Lucerne, Clover, Italian Ryegrass
- Level arable land
- Shade trees for stock
- Long history of practical management
- Quality infrastructure
- Some timbered areas
- Approximately 1300 acres cultivation area, balance is sheltered timber
The Country has gently sloping, rich loam soils with slightly higher grazing pastures with areas of sheltered timber.
Three operational bores and 10 dams means you will never run out of water again. One bore is connected to mains power and the other two have well maintained windmills.
There is also 25 inches average annual rainfall in a normal year.
|Hay Shed||Troughs||Double Gate Access to Paddocks|
The house is a 4 bedroom family home which has been recently renovated in 2008.
- 3 large bedrooms
- 1 smaller bedroom (suit office/study)
- New kitchen with electric stove, wall oven and dishwasher. It also includes a large pantry cupboard.
- New bathroom with bath, shower and vanity. It is tiled to a high level
- Lounge room with wood heater
- Dining area
- Internal laundry with external door
- Separate toilet
- Double garage adjoining house
- Front and side verandah (with BBQ area on one side)
|Kitchen||Lounge||Wood Heater in Lounge|
- Evaporative air conditioner unit
- Satellite Internet (broadband)
- Level lawns and gardens
- School bus to front gate
This is an ideal family home with quality inclusions. It is ideal for relaxed rural living.
- Ideal first property for the young farming family – all the hard work has been done and water is secure
- Lends itself to farmers wishing to expand or spread their locational risk
- Rural Investors – return up to $54k pa leased
- Business opportunists
|Rockvale Herefords ||Grazing Cattle||Lambs|
- Productive rural property in a safe area
- 4 bedroom family home with new carpet, tiles, paint, new kitchen and bathroom
- School bus at front gate
- Ideal for husband and wife operation
- Ample sheds and silos
- Yards for both sheep and cattle
- Level, arable farming country
- Plenty of water supply and storage
- Very good fencing
- Easy drive to Parkes, Forbes and Dubbo
- 4 titles (subdivision potential)
- In one family for 125 years
|Windmill||Steel Sheep Yards||Steel Sheep Yards (2nd set)|
The property has been run as a fully operational mixed farming enterprise and has been in the one family for over 125 years and currently runs 40 Hereford breeding cows, 800 merino sheep and fat lambs, crops wheat, barley and oats.
This is a genuine gem in excellent order with all the hard work done. Inspect this property to see the value it offers.
A printer friendly version of this page is available here.
If you wish to contact the owners via email please fill out the form below and click the submit button.
NOTE: Red fields are required.